Our terms of service
- Equipment are the electronic devices and sensors that make up the products: Ping, Link, SafeLink and HyperLink.
- When you pay for Equipment it becomes your property. Purchasing equipment is a one-time purchase, Subscription on the other hand is a recurring cost to receive services. All equipment (except for Garmin products) come with a lifetime warranty.
- Installation is simple and can be performed by you, the customer, or a professional. We can suggest one of 250 locations which have performed installs for us by emailing us.
- Equipment must be installed according to our instructions to work properly. Installation is simple and customer (DIY) installations are acceptable and warranty safe. If you would like a professional installer to do it for you, we can help arrange that.
- A Subscription (Airtime Service) is required for the equipment to report vehicle or trailer activity to our site for you to see.
- Since the Subscription is prepaid you may agree to (pay for) a one (1) month, three (3) month, six (6) month, or twelve (12) month term with GPS Police.
- At the end of the Subscription, the service will automatically renew for an additional term, like the prior one, until explicitly cancelled by you. Cancellation must be issued via your website manager interface or via GPS Police's support email. Any cancellation issued via your website manager interface must be done at least one (1) day prior to the end of the Subscription. Any cancellation not issued via the website manager interface must be done three (3) days prior to the end of the Subscription term to allow for adequate processing time.
- Only Subscriptions and features clearly indicated as "free" or "no charge" are free or without charge. It is not the responsibility of GPS Police to provide free service for you in the use and operation of GPS Police. All other applications, features, functionality and support provided by GPS Police and its partners are provided for the fees described for each service on the Site (“Fees”) and you are liable for such Fees.
A fair refund policy
- Orders may be refunded if shipped back to us within 30 days from date of receiving the Equipment. Refunds are not processed until the equipment has been shipped back and inspected.
- Subscriptions (airtime service) are not refundable unless explicitly declared on an invoice or receipt at the time of purchase.
- Refund transactions are posted back onto the credit card used for the original purchase. If a cheque payment was made, the refund will be made by cheque.
Lifetime warranty and terms
- We will replace defective (non-reporting) equipment for free when equipment has a Lifetime warranty or within the first year from the date of purchase. Equipment sold from 2014 onward carries a lifetime warranty. Prior to 2014, equipment had the option of lifetime warranty which you would have had to pay for ($95 each) otherwise it a 1 year warranty applies
- Equipment warranty is void if you, or driver, have tampered with, opened the case, smashed, improperly applied voltage (frying), gotten wet, melted; basically wrecked the Equipment through negligence. Warranty is only in effect for you, and your account are in good standing and have no overdue or delinquent invoices.
- Lifetime warranty is a warranty valid for the life of the customer relationship between GPS Police and the Customer. Lifetime warranty also protects you against hardware obsoletion or network changes. In other words, as long as you are a non-delinquent customer we will always make sure you have up-to-date working equipment.
- Garmin products carry a standard 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects. This warranty becomes effective at the time of purchase. Warranty will be conducted through GPS Police or Garmin when necessary.
- Your Subscription (airtime service) may be terminated by us, for non-payment over 30 days.
- Subscriptions may be terminated by you, without cause, by following the simple cancellation procedure in your website manager interface .
- GPS Police may terminate Subscriptions at any time, without penalty and without notice, if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or the intellectual property protections applicable to these services.
- Notice of termination of Subscription by GPS Police may be sent to the contact e-mail associated with your account. Upon termination, GPS Police has the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account.